- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
2 sheets of puff pastry
400g Sutcliffe’s Premium Beef Patties
1 egg, lightly beaten
4 tsp soft cheese, to decorate
1 tsp chopped black olives, to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Take the beef patties, combine and then divide up into 8 even portions. Create each portion into a long log format
3. Place single puff pastry sheet onto chopping board. Cut vertically into long thin strips, about 0.5cm wide. You’ll need 4-5 strips per log, so leave the leftover pastry wrapped up in the fridge for another dish.
3. Wrap the pastry strips around each log to create a mummy-wrap effect. Brush with the beaten egg, then put on a lined baking tray.
4. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and golden, and the mixture has cooked through.
5. Use blobs of soft cheese for the eyes, then top with a small piece of black olive to decorate
6. Place finished mummies on a serving board and further decorate with tomato sauce.