- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Serves: 4
4 – 6 pork loin chops
½ cup brown sugar
2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
¼ cup soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
¼ cup char siu sauce
2 tblsp tomato sauce
8 star anise
1. Preheat oven to 170°C.
2. Heat a non-stick pan over a medium to high heat and brown pork chops well on both sides for 2 – 3 minutes.
3. Combine the brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce, garlic, char siu sauce and tomato paste together.
4. Place the pork loin chops in a baking dish and pour over the sauce, turn to coat pork loin chops well. Roughly crack the star anise and toss over the pork.
5. Bake in the pre-heated oven, covered for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake loin chops for a further 30 minutes.
6. Serve hot, accompanied with Asian greens and steamed rice.
Notes: pork forequarter chops or diced shoulder may be used in place of loin chops.