- Prep Time: 4 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
4 pork scotch steaks, 2cm thick
200g mushrooms, sliced
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup cooking cream
1/4 cup chives, chopped
Steamed vegetables or chunky chips
1. Season the pork steaks with salt and pepper and rub with oil. Tie with a little kitchen string to secure shape.
2. Heat a heavy based frying pan or griddle pan over a medium-high heat and cook pork steaks for 6 minutes on one side and 2 minutes on the other. Rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
3. Heat butter in a small frying pan and sauté mushrooms for 3 – 4 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and gradually add the combined chicken stock and cream until smooth.
4. Return the pan to the heat and cook stirring continuously until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in chives.
5. Serve pork steaks with creamy mushroom sauce and steamed vegetables or chunky cut chips.
Notes: cooking times may vary depending upon the thickness of the steak. If the steak is thicker or thinner than 2cm, adjust the cooking time accordingly.