- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Serves: 4
4 pork forequarter chops
Salt and pepper
1 cup barbeque sauce
1 cup brown sugar
2 tblsp tomato paste
½ cup water
2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced finely
100ml bourbon whiskey
1. Preheat oven to 170°C.
2. Cut the pork forequarter chops in half and season with salt and pepper.
3. Combine the barbeque sauce, brown sugar, tomato paste, water and ginger in a saucepan and stir over a medium heat until the liquid boils. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, before removing from the heat and cooling.
4. Barbeque or fry pork chops on a griddle pan for 4 minutes each side then place the chops into a greased baking dish.
5. Stir the bourbon into the prepared sauce and pour half the sauce over the pork chops. Bake the pork chops in a pre-heated oven at 170°C for 25 – 30 minutes turning and basting frequently.
6. Serve hot with extra sauce on the side.
Notes: delicious served with potato salad and coleslaw.