Ever wondered how people achieve that super crackly crackling on a pork roast? There are a number of key factors that you have to take into consideration. To make it as simple for you as possible, we’ve prepared a step by step guide for you so that you can create the crackling that people will crave for!
1. Pre heat your oven to 230°C / 240°C
2. Ensure that the rind is as dry as possible by patting it down with paper towel. If time allows, leave the pork uncovered in the fridge for a couple of hours to further dry the rind. The drier the rind, the better the result you will achieve!
3. If the pork skin is not already scored, use a small sharp knife to score.
4. Drizzle with a little oil and rub salt or a flavoured salt of your choice into the rind.
5. Roast for 25-30 minutes until the pork skin crackles up
6. Reduce heat to 180°C and cook your roast 35-40 minutes per kilo