- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours 10 mins
- Serves: 6
1½ kg lamb shoulder bone-in
4 brown onions, peeled and quartered
6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp cracked black pepper
1 lemon, halved
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp dried oregano leaves
1 bunch lemon thyme
½ bunch kale, stems removed, roughly torn
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
400 g fresh fettucine
100 g parmesan cheese, finely grated
1. Preheat oven to 170°C.
2. Make small cuts all over lamb and rub with olive oil, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
3. Place lamb in a heavy-based roasting dish surrounded by onions, garlic cloves and lemon halves. Place thyme sprigs on top and cover tightly with foil. Place into oven for 2 ½ to 3 hours or until tender and falling off the bone. Remove from oven and rest.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet directions.
5. Place kale on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, toss in oil and sprinkle with salt. Place into oven and roast for 10 minutes or until crisp.
6. Shred meat from lamb and toss with pasta, and kale. Drizzle with pan juices and serve with finely grated parmesan.